Are you looking to get more out of Facebook for your business?
Looking to turn more platform users into Fans and more Fans into customers?
There’s no better way than with a Facebook promotion – an incentive to get users to become Fans, increase engagement with your Page, increase awareness and get more people to buy from you.
This article will give you 25 proven and creative Facebook promotion ideas, organized into season and with a few examples thrown in.
Let’s get started!
Let’s start out with a few examples from successful campaigns as well as a few I made just for this article to show you how quick and easy ti can be to set up a Facebook promotion.
This example from Canadian drugstore London Drugs is one of a weekly series they ran (best practice) giving away a gift card – which is a great prize, as people can buy their favorite product:
This example, from Gillie’s coffee, is based around the holidays:
Here’s are 3 examples I put together in a couple minutes with Wishpond’s Facebook promotion app, which has a bunch of beautiful templates which make launching a Facebook promotion quick and easy. All these pages were built with the same template in matter of minutes:
To publish to Facebook, I simply head to the promotion settings and, under “Choose where your campaign will appear,” select “My Facebook Page,” connect it and then select it:
Winter Facebook Promotion Ideas:
- A “Favorite Holiday Memory” essay promotion, giving away a shopping spree before Christmas
- A “Biggest holiday cooking nightmare” video promotion giving away a cooking class and shopping spree
- A “Better to Give” promotion, where you ask people to donate money in return for a thank-you card from a food bank.
- A snow-oriented sweepstakes promotion, giving away a winterized vehicle package
- A “Christmas List” vote promotion, giving away a shopping spree
- An Ugly Sweater photo promotion, giving away a party package
Spring Facebook Promotion Ideas:
- A St Paddy’s sweepstakes, giving away a whiskey tasting or brewery tour
- A “Reward Yourself!” photo promotion, giving away a romantic dinner for two
- A “Girl’s Day!” sweepstakes promotion, giving away a spa getaway with champagne lunch for 4
- A Valentine’s Day essay promotion, giving away dinner for two with limo service
- A Hollywood sweepstakes promotion, giving away tickets to a movie premiere
- A “Spring Cleaning” sweepstakes promotion, giving away a complete cleaning product package or maid service
Summer Facebook Promotion Ideas:
- A Father’s day sweepstakes promotion, giving away tickets to a sporting event
- A photo promotion giving away a graduation-related giveaway (like prom night)
- A promotion targeting families, giving away an adventure-oriented trip for for 4
- A vote promotion targeting moms, giving away a summer makeover
- A photo promotion, giving away a camera with tripod stand
- A tourism sweepstakes promotion giving away a bus tour or ferry/boat trip in a nearby city
Fall Facebook Promotion Ideas:
- A Back to School sweepstakes promotion, giving away back-to-school gear
- A pre-college photo promotion, giving away a bathroom care package
- A pre-college referral promotion, giving away a 6-month phone bill
- A Flu-season promotion, giving away 50% off all cold/flu products
- A Halloween photo promotion, giving away a Netflix subscription
- A Thanksgiving promotion, giving away a turkey dinner with all the sides
- A Fall “Snuggle Up” sweepstakes promotion, giving away a nice blanket, Netflix subscription, and 6-months supply of popcorn
Wrapping it Up
Hopefully this article has given you a bit of inspiration that you can take to the Facebook bank.
Here are a few Facebook promotion best practices before you go…
- Focus on the image – show your prize (or what it can buy)
- Put your prize value front and center in your large headline, both within the image and in the headline itself
- Only ask visitors for a name and email address (unless you need a phone number, like if you’re in real estate)
- Write out your terms and conditions and embed them on a page of your website. Link to them in the promotion, rather than having them on the same page
And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out in the comment section below!